Selling a home is stressful and difficult, and no property is perfect. But there are plenty of practical steps you can take to give yourself a better chance at landing a fast, profitable sale. From handling essential repairs to making home improvements to incorporating the right mobile apps, check out these simple home prep tips from DiscoverJBLM.com.
You’re going to have a hard time selling your home if there are any outstanding repairs that will turn off buyers. Here are a few repairs to take care of immediately:
● Buyers are not attracted to homes with faulty wiring. Get an electrician to rewire your home if this is an issue!
● Get your roof evaluated for leaks, missing shingles, or any other issues. Repairing or replacing your roof could allow you to increase your asking price.
● Assess your carpet and hardwood floors, and replace them if necessary.
● If your home’s windows have seen better days, find a local professional to fix or replace them. A platform like Thumbtack is a great place to start your search.
Along with repairs, think about any improvement projects you can take on that will help your home stand out in the market:
● Consider sprucing up your backyard or adding an outdoor living area (e.g., patio, deck, porch, etc.) to boost your home’s value.
● Give the walls of each room a fresh coat of paint.
● See if there are any light fixtures that need to be replaced with more modern lighting.
● Repaint or reface your cabinets to breathe new life into your kitchen.
Finally, there is plenty of technology to help you on your journey. Take advantage of it!
● For repair and improvement ideas, try apps like DIY Tip Genius, Home Design 3D, and Garden Designer.
● Declutter your home, and use eBay, Craigslist, or Facebook Marketplace to sell any unwanted items.
● Look to sites to help you throughout the entire selling and buying process.
● If you are selling your home without the assistance of a real estate agent, consider using FSBO.com, Fizber.com, or ForSaleByOwner.
You can minimize stress and make the process of selling your home much easier if you are willing to put in a little work. Remember to take care of any essential repairs, invest in simple home improvements, and use the websites and apps available to you. In no time, you’ll be signing the dotted line at closing!